EarnestSignal
Buyer
The 7.28% rate is not the only number troubling me; the fees could change which offer is actually cheaper. This is for a roughly $825,000 country home in New York, with the mortgage fixed for 20 years, and the quote also depends on the loan-to-value band.
Should I compare the offers over the full term, or model the years I am realistically likely to keep this loan? Refinancing might reduce the cost later, but I do not want the decision to rely on rates falling.
My current plan is to use APR as an initial check, then compare payments, fees, early-repayment costs and the balance remaining after a few possible holding periods. I am also unsure whether portability deserves any value unless the lender explains exactly when it can be used.
Should I compare the offers over the full term, or model the years I am realistically likely to keep this loan? Refinancing might reduce the cost later, but I do not want the decision to rely on rates falling.
My current plan is to use APR as an initial check, then compare payments, fees, early-repayment costs and the balance remaining after a few possible holding periods. I am also unsure whether portability deserves any value unless the lender explains exactly when it can be used.