Choosing on the rate alone could leave me paying much more than expected or facing an expensive exit. I have a quote for a Cairo property costing around EGP 26,160,000, with 7.95% fixed for five years. Once the lender applied its fee schedule and my loan-to-value band, the offer was less attractive than the headline suggested.
I am trying to compare the monthly burden with the longer-term consequence. Should my table show all upfront charges, payments during the fixed period, interest paid and the balance remaining after year five? I would also like to model an early sale or refinance rather than assume switching later will be straightforward.
Which figures should I take directly from the lender’s written illustration to check the cost after the fixed period, any repayment penalty and whether the loan can be moved to another property?
I am trying to compare the monthly burden with the longer-term consequence. Should my table show all upfront charges, payments during the fixed period, interest paid and the balance remaining after year five? I would also like to model an early sale or refinance rather than assume switching later will be straightforward.
Which figures should I take directly from the lender’s written illustration to check the cost after the fixed period, any repayment penalty and whether the loan can be moved to another property?