One option looks cheaper at first glance but becomes less attractive once its lending fee and loan-to-value tier are included. The other carries a substantial upfront charge yet allows more flexible overpayments. Neither feels like an obvious choice.
After 119 days of comparisons, the firm figure I have is 8.24% fixed for five years on a Dubai purchase of about AED 5,028,000. Should I compare the offers by effective annual rate, financing cost over those five years, or every cash payment over the period with principal separated out?
I also need to test an early exit rather than assume I will keep the loan for the full fixed term. How are others allowing for early repayment charges, portability and a possible refinance when deciding whether a higher fee is worthwhile?
After 119 days of comparisons, the firm figure I have is 8.24% fixed for five years on a Dubai purchase of about AED 5,028,000. Should I compare the offers by effective annual rate, financing cost over those five years, or every cash payment over the period with principal separated out?
I also need to test an early exit rather than assume I will keep the loan for the full fixed term. How are others allowing for early repayment charges, portability and a possible refinance when deciding whether a higher fee is worthwhile?