Comparing agent fees and actual service for a Bengaluru 1-bed condo

studyTheRoom

Homeowner
Established
I am willing to pay the higher fee if it buys clear responsibility from listing through completion. The proposals for my Bengaluru 1-bed condo, expected to sell around ₹67,640,000, do not yet make that clear.

One package is inexpensive but leaves several transaction steps outside the quoted scope. Another promises professional photographs, buyer checks, negotiation and coordination after an offer is accepted. Rather than compare the length of those lists, I want to test who does the work and how performance can be checked.

I plan to ask for relevant completed sales, photography deliverables, enquiry response times, the method for recording offers and the support provided if a buyer withdraws. I also want to know whether the named contact remains responsible or hands the file to others. What questions would expose exclusions, extra fees, the calculation basis and potential conflicts well enough to decide whether the premium is worthwhile?
 
A broad service list is reassuring, but unclear ownership is the specific concern here. I would compare the proposals in a simple matrix covering photographs, enquiry handling, buyer qualification, offer records, negotiation and support after acceptance.

For every stage, add the person responsible, the expected response time and the escalation contact if something stalls. Then record whether the fee uses the asking price or final sale price, when payment becomes due and which items cost extra. The named agent does not have to perform every task, but you should know where responsibility passes and who takes over if the original buyer falls through.
 
I’d be cautious about treating recent sales or a low fall-through rate as decisive without context. An agent can present selective examples, and buyer circumstances are not fully under their control.

A better comparison may be to give all candidates the same scenario: two close offers, one with stronger funding evidence and one at a higher price but more conditions. Ask how they would qualify each buyer, disclose conflicts, advise you and record your decision. Their answers should expose more than the brochure. Then get exclusions and extra charges confirmed in writing before comparing totals.
 
Back
Top