The unexpected difference between the proposals is not the headline fee but how much work each agent is actually accepting. After 106 days, I am still weighing how to market a Dubai coastal home expected to sell near AED 4,899,000. The lower-priced agent leaves several stages with me, while the costlier proposal appears to cover more of the transaction.
I am asking both agents to confirm the fee basis, when payment is earned and who is responsible for photography, buyer qualification, negotiation and closing. I also want response times, recent comparable results, viewing-feedback procedures, the approach after a deal collapses and any buyer-side relationships set out clearly.
My decision rule is becoming simple: a higher fee may be worthwhile if it buys named responsibilities and measurable service. If both proposals remain vague, I would choose neither on price alone. Is there another item that would expose a meaningful difference between them?
I am asking both agents to confirm the fee basis, when payment is earned and who is responsible for photography, buyer qualification, negotiation and closing. I also want response times, recent comparable results, viewing-feedback procedures, the approach after a deal collapses and any buyer-side relationships set out clearly.
My decision rule is becoming simple: a higher fee may be worthwhile if it buys named responsibilities and measurable service. If both proposals remain vague, I would choose neither on price alone. Is there another item that would expose a meaningful difference between them?