Choosing on fee alone could leave me paying separately for every important step after the flat is listed. I have several proposals for selling a Lima new-build expected to be worth about PEN 1,725,000, but their scopes are difficult to compare.
One firm quotes a low headline amount with limited transaction support. A more expensive proposal covers marketing, screening potential buyers, negotiations and coordination through closing. I want each agent to identify who will receive and present offers, who takes over once an offer is accepted, and how quickly I should expect a response. For example, “professional photography” is not useful unless the number of images, editing, revisions and responsibility for photographing the finished unit are stated.
What would you ask them to provide in writing? I am thinking of a common table covering fee basis, exclusions, comparable sales, exclusivity, conflicts, named contacts and evidence of how previous listings progressed from enquiry to completion.
One firm quotes a low headline amount with limited transaction support. A more expensive proposal covers marketing, screening potential buyers, negotiations and coordination through closing. I want each agent to identify who will receive and present offers, who takes over once an offer is accepted, and how quickly I should expect a response. For example, “professional photography” is not useful unless the number of images, editing, revisions and responsibility for photographing the finished unit are stated.
What would you ask them to provide in writing? I am thinking of a common table covering fee basis, exclusions, comparable sales, exclusivity, conflicts, named contacts and evidence of how previous listings progressed from enquiry to completion.