Comparing agent fees for a ₹87,260,000 Delhi country home

SlowGate

Homeowner
₹87,260,000 is the expected sale level, so even a small difference in commission matters—but a cheap proposal could cost more if essential work is excluded. The packages for this Delhi country home vary on photography, buyer checks, negotiation and support through closing.

Which evidence would let me compare them on equal terms? I plan to request recent sales of similar homes, an exact photography scope, recorded response times, the process for presenting offers and the help provided if a transaction falls through. I also need to know who runs the file after instruction, how the fee is calculated and whether any relationship with a buyer would be disclosed.
 
Start by removing the urgency from the fee comparison. Use the same assumed ₹87,260,000 sale price for every proposal and have each firm show the resulting charge, extras and exclusions in writing.

Next, map the work in order: photography, enquiries, viewings, buyer checks, offers, negotiation, fall-through support and closing coordination. Put a person or team beside every stage. That will show whether the senior contact making the pitch remains responsible after the Delhi country home is listed or simply hands the file over.
 
What does “buyer qualification” mean in each proposal? It could range from collecting contact details to establishing whether someone is realistically able to proceed. Ask what evidence they seek, when they seek it, and whether you receive that information before accepting an offer. I’d also ask how quickly enquiries are answered outside normal hours and how that response is recorded.
 
I wouldn’t automatically favour the most comprehensive package. Photography and coordination have value, but they do not prove the agent can find the right buyer or negotiate well. Ask for recent genuinely comparable country-home sales and how each was marketed.

Also clarify how competing offers are presented, whether the agent could represent or have another relationship with a buyer, and how that conflict would be disclosed. For fall-throughs, ask what work continues without an additional fee.
 
That helps. I’ll send all of them the same scenario at ₹87,260,000 and ask for an itemised fee, exclusions, qualification steps, response expectations, offer process, conflict disclosure and the name of the person managing the file. I’ll also separate evidence of comparable sales from the length of the service list; I was treating the broader package as a proxy for competence, which it clearly isn’t.
 
Back
Top