One proposal is inexpensive but leaves several jobs to be arranged separately; another costs more and bundles photography, screening of buyers, negotiation and support through closing. Neither feels easy to judge for a Boston serviced apartment expected to sell for about $800,000.
I want to compare what each agent will actually do, not the length of the service list. Would it be reasonable to ask for recent comparable sales, a stated response-time target, the process for presenting offers, and the named person responsible after an offer is accepted? I also need the fee converted to dollars on the same basis, including excluded work. How would you make agents give testable answers about conflicts, failed transactions and buyer enquiries concerning flood risk?
I want to compare what each agent will actually do, not the length of the service list. Would it be reasonable to ask for recent comparable sales, a stated response-time target, the process for presenting offers, and the named person responsible after an offer is accepted? I also need the fee converted to dollars on the same basis, including excluded work. How would you make agents give testable answers about conflicts, failed transactions and buyer enquiries concerning flood risk?