Comparing agent fees for €680,800 student housing in Utrecht

gardensAndPebble

Property manager
I need to select an agent soon, and the fee comparison is less straightforward than expected. One proposal costs less but leaves several sale tasks outside the package; the more expensive option covers marketing, buyer checks, negotiation and coordination through closing.

The property is student housing in Utrecht with an expected value around €680,800. I want each agent to show how the fee is calculated, which extras can arise and what happens if an agreed sale fails. I’m also interested in evidence from genuinely comparable recent transactions rather than broad claims about performance.

What should I ask about recording and presenting offers, buyer follow-up and response times? Most importantly, will the named contact still control the file after launch, and how should any conflicts be disclosed?
 
Ask each agent to put the same sale scenario through their fee calculation, then list every excluded task and extra charge beside it. For service, I’d want to know who answers enquiries, who qualifies buyers, who conducts negotiations, and whether your named contact remains responsible through closing.

“Low fall-through rate” means little without context. More useful is what they do when financing, documentation or buyer commitment becomes uncertain, and whether renewed marketing is included.
 
I wouldn’t give response time too much weight by itself; a quick generic reply is not the same as good buyer screening. Ask for a written offer-handling process: how bids are recorded, when you are informed, who can see them, and how conflicts are disclosed.

Also define the photography package precisely. Number and type of images, preparation, revisions and reuse after a failed agreement can make apparently similar proposals quite different.
 
Back
Top