GrandCorner
First-time buyer
The broker expects refinancing to be available later, but I’m reluctant to make that essential to the purchase. The Lisbon property is around €1,136,000, and the mortgage quote shows 8.06% fixed for 10 years.
A lower headline offer initially caught my attention. Once the fees and the applicable loan-to-value band were included, it was not the same proposition. I’m now comparing the monthly payment, all cash paid during the fixed decade, lender charges and the principal still outstanding at the end. Should APR be treated mainly as a first filter? I’m also reviewing the wording on early repayment and portability.
A lower headline offer initially caught my attention. Once the fees and the applicable loan-to-value band were included, it was not the same proposition. I’m now comparing the monthly payment, all cash paid during the fixed decade, lender charges and the principal still outstanding at the end. Should APR be treated mainly as a first filter? I’m also reviewing the wording on early repayment and portability.