Comparing an 8.19% 20-year mortgage quote near Bengaluru

horizon.clever

First-time buyer
I’m at the point of choosing between lenders, and the attractive headline figure is no longer the whole story. One written quote is 8.19% fixed for 20 years on a purchase near Bengaluru at about ₹88,090,000, but its fees and loan-to-value band make the comparison less obvious.

Should I rank the offers by APR, full-term interest or all cash paid including charges? I also need a payment that remains comfortable each month. Portability and early-repayment wording may matter if I move or refinance, and I want to confirm that the rate cannot reset during those 20 years.
 
I’d use two comparisons rather than force everything into one number. First put every lender on the same loan amount, repayment schedule and 20-year term, including all upfront or financed fees. Then run a second case based on when you might realistically sell or refinance, adding any exit charge and the balance still outstanding at that point.

APR can narrow the list, but the monthly payment still has to fit your budget. This also avoids selecting a quote that only looks cheap because it assumes an early exit.
 
What loan amount and LTV tier does the written quote use? On a purchase of ₹88,090,000, the down payment makes a major difference to both the monthly payment and the relevance of those fees. Also confirm that “fixed for 20 years” means the rate stays fixed for the entire loan term, rather than a different structure followed by a reset.
 
The refinance assumption is the weak point here. A shorter scenario may favour the low-rate offer, while the full-term calculation shows what happens if refinancing is unavailable or too expensive.

Use identical loan amounts, LTV tiers and repayment schedules first. Compare APR, monthly payment and total 20-year cost on that basis, then add five- or ten-year exit cases with the remaining balance and repayment charges shown separately. That makes the trade-off visible without treating either holding period as certain.
 
A simple table should settle most of this. Give each lender columns for loan amount, LTV, rate, monthly payment, arrangement fees, total paid after 5, 10 and 20 years, balance remaining at those points, and early-repayment cost. Run one case with no refinance and another with refinance costs included. That prevents a low initial figure from hiding a higher overall cost.
 
Do not assign much value to “portability” until the lender explains exactly how it would apply to another property and whether fresh approval, valuation or fees would be involved. The written early-repayment wording matters more if you might sell or reduce the balance. I would also stress-test the monthly payment against a tighter household budget, even if the quoted rate really is fixed for all 20 years.
 
Back
Top