The fee breakdown has raised a new question. For a New York purchase near $925,000, one lender is offering 8.32% fixed for 10 years, but its headline rate looked more attractive before I applied the fees and the loan-to-value band.
The monthly figures across the quotes are close. I am therefore considering whether flexibility on early repayment and portability should carry more weight than the small payment difference. Would you set one comparison horizon and add every payment and fee within it, then test early repayment separately? I do not want a loan to appear cheaper only because the calculation assumes a favourable refinance after year 10.
The monthly figures across the quotes are close. I am therefore considering whether flexibility on early repayment and portability should carry more weight than the small payment difference. Would you set one comparison horizon and add every payment and fee within it, then test early repayment separately? I do not want a loan to appear cheaper only because the calculation assumes a favourable refinance after year 10.