Comparing mortgage broker scopes for a THB 20.16m Bangkok new build

I’m comparing mortgage broking proposals for a new-build flat in Bangkok priced at THB 20,160,000. The cheapest proposal leaves about half the work outside its fee, while others mention negotiation and document coordination without clearly defining either.

What should the written scope reasonably cover from initial assessment through closing? I want to compare response commitments, all fees, Thailand-specific knowledge, document handling and who chases each party after an offer is issued. I’m not looking for a sales pitch—just a practical way to decide whether the fuller service is worth paying for.
 
Compare deliverables rather than the “broker” label. I’d expect a written lender shortlist, eligibility discussion, document checklist, submission tracking, explanation of each offer, and coordination of outstanding conditions through closing. The proposal should also name one accountable contact, state its response target and list every exclusion and possible third-party cost. Ask what happens if that contact is unavailable or the first lender declines.
 
The missing fact is your payment timeline with the developer. When do reservation money or later instalments become exposed if financing is delayed or refused? A broker cannot control the lender’s decision or the developer’s deadlines, so I would be wary of paying extra merely for broad promises of “negotiation.”

Also ask whether the fee is fixed, conditional on approval or closing, and whether any lender remuneration is received. Request a sample progress update so you can see what document trail they actually maintain.
 
I’d turn both proposals into the same one-page table: task, named person, deadline, evidence of completion, included fee and fallback. Include who communicates with the lender and developer, who resolves document queries, and who compares revised terms.

If the cheaper firm will only introduce you, price the omitted coordination separately before deciding it saves money. For local expertise, ask each firm how it would handle your specific buyer circumstances and verify its answers independently rather than accepting “Thailand specialist” as sufficient.
 
Back
Top