emery_lending
First-time buyer
I wanted a Seoul townhouse I could afford without emptying every account, but keeping enough cash back proved harder than finding the property. The purchase is now complete, following several unsuccessful bids and a slower paperwork stage than I had anticipated.
My main lesson is that the agreed price covers only part of the real outlay. Inspection items, energy-efficiency work, extra fees and an early repair can all arrive when cash is already tight. I also wish I had assigned every post-acceptance task to a named person with a firm date. During the last week, lender deadlines, documents and moving plans all depended on one another.
The rejected bids did help me define where I would compromise and where I would walk away. If you have been through this, which cost surprised you most, and what reserve would you want available on moving day?
My main lesson is that the agreed price covers only part of the real outlay. Inspection items, energy-efficiency work, extra fees and an early repair can all arrive when cash is already tight. I also wish I had assigned every post-acceptance task to a named person with a firm date. During the last week, lender deadlines, documents and moving plans all depended on one another.
The rejected bids did help me define where I would compromise and where I would walk away. If you have been through this, which cost surprised you most, and what reserve would you want available on moving day?