talia_checks
Developer
Before asking for revised quotes, I have to choose between paying for targeted opening-up work and holding back a larger contingency. The present allowance is €516,200 for renovating a 185 m² serviced apartment in Athens, but the contractors have not excluded the same items. The scope covers the kitchen, bathrooms, floors, decoration, electrical investigation and limited energy improvements, with no extension planned.
The decision turns on access. If selected plumbing runs, damp areas and concealed electrics can be exposed and priced now, I could approve the project in stages and release funds as each risk becomes clearer. If access cannot be established, more of the budget needs to remain untouched.
I also want each contractor to state whether structural repairs are excluded, assumed unnecessary or included provisionally, and who pays for making good after investigations. Which openings or surveys would give the clearest answer without causing unnecessary work before the main contract?
The decision turns on access. If selected plumbing runs, damp areas and concealed electrics can be exposed and priced now, I could approve the project in stages and release funds as each risk becomes clearer. If access cannot be established, more of the budget needs to remain untouched.
I also want each contractor to state whether structural repairs are excluded, assumed unnecessary or included provisionally, and who pays for making good after investigations. Which openings or surveys would give the clearest answer without causing unnecessary work before the main contract?