Access to hidden services may determine the contingency more than the finish specification. That is my main concern for a 240 m² small multifamily renovation in Bangkok, currently budgeted at THB 13,150,000.
The plan covers kitchen and washroom renewal, new floor finishes, decoration, investigation and remedial work to the electrical installation, plus limited energy improvements. There is no extension. Before adding a percentage to the budget, I would like to reduce the uncertainty around pipe routes, damp areas and wiring concealed behind completed surfaces.
Which areas would you open up or survey before tender, and what exclusions should each contractor be required to price clearly? I am also wondering whether material lead times or permit timing should be settled before agreeing the work sequence.
The plan covers kitchen and washroom renewal, new floor finishes, decoration, investigation and remedial work to the electrical installation, plus limited energy improvements. There is no extension. Before adding a percentage to the budget, I would like to reduce the uncertainty around pipe routes, damp areas and wiring concealed behind completed surfaces.
Which areas would you open up or survey before tender, and what exclusions should each contractor be required to price clearly? I am also wondering whether material lead times or permit timing should be settled before agreeing the work sequence.