I have a preliminary ceiling of ARS 53,950,000 for renovating a 190 m² small multifamily property in Buenos Aires, but the contractor quotes still cannot be compared because their exclusions and assumptions differ. The work covers kitchens and bathrooms, new finishes, painting, checks and possible upgrades to the electrical system, plus limited energy improvements. There is no planned extension.
Before choosing a contractor, I need to understand plumbing routes, moisture sources, concealed electrical work and the lead times for specified materials. How would you divide the contingency between hidden defects and price or scheduling changes? I’m also interested in which areas should be opened or tested before signing, since those findings could alter the sequence far more than the decorative choices.
Before choosing a contractor, I need to understand plumbing routes, moisture sources, concealed electrical work and the lead times for specified materials. How would you divide the contingency between hidden defects and price or scheduling changes? I’m also interested in which areas should be opened or tested before signing, since those findings could alter the sequence far more than the decorative choices.