The preliminary scope looks manageable on paper, but I am not yet comfortable treating the price as firm. The working budget is CZK 4,696,000 for a 245 m² mixed-use building in Prague, covering new kitchen and bathroom work, floors, decoration, electrical assessment and limited energy improvements. There is no extension in the plan.
Rather than choose a final contingency now, would it make sense to keep a larger allowance until the survey, permit timing and service routes are clearer, then reduce it once contractors have opened up the risky areas? I particularly want the surveyor to examine moisture, electrical condition and access to plumbing. I will also ask bidders to separate exclusions and enabling works so that strip-out, access or making good cannot quietly sit outside the quote.
Rather than choose a final contingency now, would it make sense to keep a larger allowance until the survey, permit timing and service routes are clearer, then reduce it once contractors have opened up the risky areas? I particularly want the surveyor to examine moisture, electrical condition and access to plumbing. I will also ask bidders to separate exclusions and enabling works so that strip-out, access or making good cannot quietly sit outside the quote.