LocalGrain
Property investor
Electrical or water-related work cannot simply be pushed back, whereas some finishes can. That sequencing constraint is what worries me about a preliminary S$606,400 budget for renovating a 165 m² studio in Singapore.
The current plan includes work to the kitchen and bathrooms, new flooring and paint, electrical checks and limited energy improvements. I am not planning an extension, but I still want to identify any structural, moisture or access problems that could change the programme.
Would you hold a broad contingency until inspections and opening-up work are complete, then reduce it once those risks are priced? Or would you keep separate allowances for concealed defects and material lead times? I’d appreciate specific survey questions and contractor exclusions to check.
The current plan includes work to the kitchen and bathrooms, new flooring and paint, electrical checks and limited energy improvements. I am not planning an extension, but I still want to identify any structural, moisture or access problems that could change the programme.
Would you hold a broad contingency until inspections and opening-up work are complete, then reduce it once those risks are priced? Or would you keep separate allowances for concealed defects and material lead times? I’d appreciate specific survey questions and contractor exclusions to check.