I’ve now capped the working budget at NOK 2,522,000, which raises a harder question: for a 230 m² coastal home in Oslo, how much of that sum should remain uncommitted until work begins?
The plan covers kitchens, wet rooms, floors, decoration, an assessment of the electrics and some energy-efficiency work. There is no extension. If the bathrooms and wiring can be properly investigated before signing, I could use a smaller reserve; if access is limited or the contractor leaves major items provisional, I would hold back considerably more. What investigations, written exclusions and permit milestones would you insist on before choosing between those two approaches?
The plan covers kitchens, wet rooms, floors, decoration, an assessment of the electrics and some energy-efficiency work. There is no extension. If the bathrooms and wiring can be properly investigated before signing, I could use a smaller reserve; if access is limited or the contractor leaves major items provisional, I would hold back considerably more. What investigations, written exclusions and permit milestones would you insist on before choosing between those two approaches?