paintsAndRadar
Developer
The preliminary budget has reached $195,500, which raises a new question: how much of it is genuinely priced work and how much still rests on assumptions? This is for a 2,150 sq ft Chicago townhouse, covering kitchen and bathroom work, floors, painting, electrical investigation and limited energy improvements. I am not planning an extension.
My concern is what appears after work starts—concealed moisture, inaccessible plumbing or electrical faults that require walls to be opened. How would you set the reserve before those conditions are known? I would also appreciate suggestions for questions that force bidders to state their exclusions, investigation allowances, permit assumptions and responsibility for reinstatement.
My concern is what appears after work starts—concealed moisture, inaccessible plumbing or electrical faults that require walls to be opened. How would you set the reserve before those conditions are known? I would also appreciate suggestions for questions that force bidders to state their exclusions, investigation allowances, permit assumptions and responsibility for reinstatement.