jade_figures
Construction professional
The €157,900 estimate looks precise, but the plumbing routes worry me more than the finishes. The Brussels country home costs €680,800 and has only 35 m², so opening one floor or wall could affect several parts of the programme at once.
The current scope covers a kitchen, bathrooms, new floor finishes, decoration, electrical checks and moderate energy improvements, with no extension intended. Before committing most of the budget, I want to understand moisture, service access, sequencing and any structural work that might be uncovered. What should the surveyor inspect, and how should contractors state assumptions and exclusions in their tenders? I’m also trying to decide how much contingency to keep outside the contract until those points are verified.
The current scope covers a kitchen, bathrooms, new floor finishes, decoration, electrical checks and moderate energy improvements, with no extension intended. Before committing most of the budget, I want to understand moisture, service access, sequencing and any structural work that might be uncovered. What should the surveyor inspect, and how should contractors state assumptions and exclusions in their tenders? I’m also trying to decide how much contingency to keep outside the contract until those points are verified.