ARS 522,300,000 is my working ceiling for an 80 m² new-build flat in Buenos Aires, so I want to understand the uncertain items before committing that budget. The planned work covers the kitchen, bathrooms, finishes, an electrical review and some energy improvements, but no extension.
My concern is that a neat quotation could unravel once concealed services are opened or ordered materials are delayed. Should those risks be priced individually before setting a contingency? I’d also like to know what needs to be written down about access to pipes, moisture testing, remedial electrical work, making good, contractor exclusions, approval responsibilities and the point at which kitchen or bathroom orders cannot be changed.
My concern is that a neat quotation could unravel once concealed services are opened or ordered materials are delayed. Should those risks be priced individually before setting a contingency? I’d also like to know what needs to be written down about access to pipes, moisture testing, remedial electrical work, making good, contractor exclusions, approval responsibilities and the point at which kitchen or bathroom orders cannot be changed.