openTheWall
Homeowner
The main constraint is that I cannot judge the reserve properly until the approval route and service access are clearer. The project is a 2,580 sq ft Edinburgh retail unit, although the existing description also refers to two bedrooms, so I need to establish whether any change of use or layout approval is involved.
My working renovation figure is £127,800 for kitchens and bathrooms, finishes, electrical testing and some energy-efficiency work, without an extension. Replacing finishes is easy to price; opening a floor and discovering inaccessible plumbing is not. What should I ask the surveyor and contractors about permit timing, concealed services and access, and what contingency would be sensible before those points are resolved?
My working renovation figure is £127,800 for kitchens and bathrooms, finishes, electrical testing and some energy-efficiency work, without an extension. Replacing finishes is easy to price; opening a floor and discovering inaccessible plumbing is not. What should I ask the surveyor and contractors about permit timing, concealed services and access, and what contingency would be sensible before those points are resolved?