weighTheLoft
Property investor
DKK 1,498,000 is the working budget, and hidden work could move it more than any choice of finishes. The project is a 55 m² mixed-use building in Copenhagen, with refurbishment planned for the kitchen, bathrooms, surfaces and services, plus modest energy improvements but no extension.
I’m trying to put the checks in the right order before choosing a contingency. Which investigations would best expose inaccessible plumbing, moisture or an electrical installation that needs more than testing? I also want contractors to list exclusions, long-lead items, sequencing assumptions and who is responsible for permits. Would you keep the reserve separate until those points are verified, then reduce it as the scope becomes firmer?
I’m trying to put the checks in the right order before choosing a contingency. Which investigations would best expose inaccessible plumbing, moisture or an electrical installation that needs more than testing? I also want contractors to list exclusions, long-lead items, sequencing assumptions and who is responsible for permits. Would you keep the reserve separate until those points are verified, then reduce it as the scope becomes firmer?