The preliminary figure of £291,200 may sound ample for a 1,180 sq ft serviced apartment, but I hesitate to fix it before the concealed work and building constraints are clearer. This is a one-bedroom Manchester renovation without an extension, covering the principal rooms, finishes, electrical assessment and some energy improvements.
The biggest risks seem to be moisture behind finishes, restricted plumbing access and an electrical allowance that covers testing but not the resulting repairs. I also need to understand contractor exclusions, making-good costs and material lead times. What level of contingency would you retain at this stage, and which investigations would most reduce it before contracts are agreed?
The biggest risks seem to be moisture behind finishes, restricted plumbing access and an electrical allowance that covers testing but not the resulting repairs. I also need to understand contractor exclusions, making-good costs and material lead times. What level of contingency would you retain at this stage, and which investigations would most reduce it before contracts are agreed?