Could we filter the market boards by days-on-market?

RemiRidge

First-time buyer
Withdrawn and relisted Sydney properties made me realise that one days-on-market figure can hide very different listing histories. Even with that limitation, a consistent optional field could improve searches on the market and valuation boards.

Could the Sydney board pilot a field with a brief rule for which start date to enter? If completion is consistent and relistings can be handled clearly, it could later become a filter. If the figures prove too regional or ambiguous, the field could remain optional background information.

I would not backfill migrated discussions. Keeping the entry under collapsed extra details on mobile should also avoid slowing down ordinary posting.
 
I’d use an optional field rather than free-form tags. A field could feed the search filter consistently, while tags would soon split into variations like “30 days”, “30+ days” and “one month”. Keep it collapsed on mobile, perhaps under extra details. I wouldn’t make it compulsory until there’s a clear way to handle listings with an uncertain start date.
 
Optional is easier for posting, but it may make the filter too patchy to be useful. There’s also a definition problem: does the count reset when a property is withdrawn and relisted? That could vary between boards or regions.

I’d pilot the field on the Sydney board, define what date members should use, and leave old threads untouched. If completion is poor or moderation becomes a chore, it can remain an informational field rather than a primary filter.
 
Back
Top