The initial estimate presents this £877,500 country home as a manageable purchase, but I hesitate because the minutes mention planned work three times without attaching a cost. That unknown could matter more than refining the headline closing figure.
I’m trying to separate normal purchase expenses from annual charges and exceptional contributions. I also need clarity on the tenure, any shared roads or facilities, ownership restrictions, and why a notary cost has been included in a UK estimate. Longer-term questions include residency consequences, capital-gains treatment and inheritance planning.
What should I ask the local legal and tax advisers to confirm in writing, particularly about responsibility for the proposed work? I want to know whether quotations or approvals exist, how costs would be divided, and which liabilities could follow the property after completion.
I’m trying to separate normal purchase expenses from annual charges and exceptional contributions. I also need clarity on the tenure, any shared roads or facilities, ownership restrictions, and why a notary cost has been included in a UK estimate. Longer-term questions include residency consequences, capital-gains treatment and inheritance planning.
What should I ask the local legal and tax advisers to confirm in writing, particularly about responsibility for the proposed work? I want to know whether quotations or approvals exist, how costs would be divided, and which liabilities could follow the property after completion.