I like a 2,100 sq ft apartment in Austin, but the association’s reserves look thin and major exterior work is being discussed. No special assessment has been approved, although owners have mentioned figures as high as $81,000.
I’m reviewing meeting minutes, insurance, reserve information and the maintenance plan. What else would distinguish routine planning from a serious reason to walk away? I’m also considering renting it later, so leasing restrictions, tenant demand, vacancy and management workload matter.
I’d especially like to separate any applicable United States/Texas legal or disclosure requirements from the amount of financial risk an individual buyer might voluntarily accept.
I’m reviewing meeting minutes, insurance, reserve information and the maintenance plan. What else would distinguish routine planning from a serious reason to walk away? I’m also considering renting it later, so leasing restrictions, tenant demand, vacancy and management workload matter.
I’d especially like to separate any applicable United States/Texas legal or disclosure requirements from the amount of financial risk an individual buyer might voluntarily accept.