The surprise was how little the quotes had in common. I’m considering a four-bedroom New York townhouse priced at about $1,290,000, and firms using the term “renovation planning” are offering very different levels of involvement.
If this is only purchase support, I want the scope to identify the transaction tasks, records kept and person responsible through closing. If it includes genuine renovation planning, it should also specify site review, proposed-work assessment, preliminary budgets, deliverables and what continues after outside specialists are introduced.
What else should I require in writing regarding fees, response times, exclusions, local knowledge and cover when the main contact is unavailable? Concrete New York examples would be useful.
If this is only purchase support, I want the scope to identify the transaction tasks, records kept and person responsible through closing. If it includes genuine renovation planning, it should also specify site review, proposed-work assessment, preliminary budgets, deliverables and what continues after outside specialists are introduced.
What else should I require in writing regarding fees, response times, exclusions, local knowledge and cover when the main contact is unavailable? Concrete New York examples would be useful.