Defining the scope of tenant placement for a Milan studio

I’m comparing services for a studio in Milan priced around €570,400, but “tenant placement” seems to mean something different with every provider. Some promise negotiation and document coordination; others apparently make an introduction and disappear.

What should reasonably be included, and what needs to be written into the agreement? I care about disclosed fees, response times, Milan-specific knowledge and one named person remaining accountable. I’m also unclear where acquisition support ends: if the service mentions handling an offer through closing, is that actually separate from placing a tenant?

I’d particularly like to know what happens after the agreement is signed, when emails go unanswered or a deal stalls.
 
Separate the two services before comparing fees. Buyer support from offer to closing is not the same job as finding a tenant after purchase.

For each, ask for a written task list, exclusions, fee trigger, named contact, response deadline and handover procedure if that person is unavailable. “Document coordination” should also specify whether they merely collect papers or follow outstanding items until completion. If they will not put those details in the agreement, assume they are not included.
 
Is €570,400 the asking price for a studio you are considering buying, or have you already bought it and now need a tenant? That missing fact changes the cash downside considerably.

I would also ask what happens to the fee if the purchase does not close, a proposed tenant withdraws, or you reject the applicant. Keep the acquisition and placement correspondence in separate trails so nobody can later say another party was responsible.
 
I’d push back slightly on making response time the main test. A promised reply within a set period is useful, but it can still produce an empty “we’re looking into it” message.

For Milan, ask each provider to show exactly how a typical file moves from instruction to completion, who performs each step, and where their responsibility stops. Then seek independent evidence that the contact remains involved after signing, rather than relying on testimonials selected by the provider. Compare three written scopes line by line and include a fallback: permission to appoint someone else if agreed tasks or deadlines are repeatedly missed. Any contractual wording should be checked for the Italian jurisdiction rather than assumed from a generic service description.
 
Back
Top