Delhi 3-bed at ₹55,530,000 and ₹157,400/month: does the rental case work?

jade.grove

Property investor
The listing presents this as a 3-bed coastal home in Delhi, which immediately makes me hesitate over whether the category and associated charges are reliable. The asking price is ₹55,530,000 and the projected rent is ₹157,400 a month, or ₹1,888,800 a year. That matches the stated gross yield of roughly 3.4% before expenses.

At that return, the service charges do not need to be especially high to change the result. I have budgeted for empty periods, agent or management fees, ordinary upkeep and occasional major work, but property tax, insurance and tenant changeover still need firmer figures. Borrowing costs could also turn a modest positive cash flow negative.

Which ownership or letting expense would you investigate first in Delhi? I would also like views on a sensible minimum net return for this level of vacancy, repair and financing exposure. Before modelling further, should I assume the coastal label is a simple category mistake and verify the actual building type and charge structure with the seller?
 
Back
Top