Delhi at ₹79,320,000: are 96 days online giving me the wrong signal?

StillPorch

Real estate agent
Established
I’m trying to judge a Delhi property around ₹79,320,000 after watching listings for a few days. Across condos asking ₹63,460,000–₹95,190,000, my sample suggests roughly 96 days to find a buyer.

The outliers seem connected to transaction fees, but I may be over-weighting properties that remain advertised. Would recent completed sales tell a materially different story? Agents are also giving conflicting explanations about seasonality, so I’m unsure whether to wait, adjust for fees, or question the whole sample.
 
The online sample is probably the first thing to question. It naturally contains the homes that have not sold, while completed and withdrawn listings can disappear from view. I’d compare original asking price, any reduction date, final advertised price and outcome. Otherwise 96 days could describe stubborn stock rather than typical demand.
 
Which Delhi neighbourhoods are included, and are the boundaries consistent? At this price, combining nearby but distinct areas—or renovated and dated condos—could distort the result more than transaction fees.

I also wouldn’t assume every long listing is an affordability signal. Seller motivation and whether likely buyers need financing may affect both price-cut timing and days online.
 
One month is too narrow to prove seasonality, especially if new-listing volume changed during the same period. I’d split the sample by neighbourhood and condition, then track new, reduced, withdrawn and completed properties separately. If reliable completed prices are unavailable, treat 96 days as a measure of visible inventory age, not time-to-sale. That should also show whether the apparent fee-related outliers remain after the withdrawn stock is removed.
 
Back
Top