Delhi detached homes: is an 18-day marketing period signalling a shift?

StillPorch

Real estate agent
Established
The difficulty is that my sample is small and the homes are not identical. I have been following detached properties in Delhi between ₹31,730,000 and ₹47,600,000 during August 2025, and they are currently spending about 18 days on the market.

Condition and property-level tax differences may explain more than the general mortgage-rate news. Before treating this as a shift, should I match asking prices to recent completed sales and record whether each home sold unchanged, received an early reduction, or was withdrawn? I’m trying to separate normal variation from a genuine change in this segment.
 
Eighteen days alone is too thin to call a change. I’d compare recent completed sales with the asking prices, then count new listings and withdrawals. A short marketing period can reflect motivated sellers or listings being withdrawn, not necessarily stronger demand. How tightly have you drawn the neighbourhood boundaries, and are the homes broadly comparable in condition?
 
I agree on completed sales, but I wouldn’t dismiss the 18 days entirely if it persists across several neighbourhoods. The useful split would be homes selling without a reduction versus those cut early to secure a buyer. Financing may also affect buyers differently across such a wide price range. Track the first price-cut date, final outcome, condition and stated seller motivation where available; otherwise property-level tax differences could be mistaken for a broader Delhi trend.
 
Back
Top