₹2,756,000 is the expected cash balance after the deposit and current closing estimates, with about 45 days left before the planned completion. The property is a 2-bed Delhi townhouse priced near ₹109,800,000, and the inspection has not yet settled what first-year work may be required.
I can see why it is tempting to decide simply that the balance is either enough or not enough. A staged test seems more useful: first confirm the final purchase figures, then reserve the first mortgage payment, moving costs and any service charges, followed by urgent inspection items. Only the remainder would be available for non-essential furniture.
If that sequence leaves too little for a genuine household emergency, I would reduce the purchase budget rather than rely on nothing going wrong. Does that sound too cautious, and which of those amounts would you insist on fixing before proceeding?
I can see why it is tempting to decide simply that the balance is either enough or not enough. A staged test seems more useful: first confirm the final purchase figures, then reserve the first mortgage payment, moving costs and any service charges, followed by urgent inspection items. Only the remainder would be available for non-essential furniture.
If that sequence leaves too little for a genuine household emergency, I would reduce the purchase budget rather than rely on nothing going wrong. Does that sound too cautious, and which of those amounts would you insist on fixing before proceeding?