Delhi new-build snapshot: down 5.9% at ₹44,670,000

vera.rain

First-time buyer
Before I reply to a few sellers, I pulled a small sample of Delhi new-build flats priced from ₹35,740,000 to ₹53,610,000. The snapshot shows price movement of -5.9% around ₹44,670,000, while median marketing time was roughly 118 days. Condition makes the average noisy.

I cannot settle one point: are buyers negotiating service charges, asking for an offset in the purchase price, or simply rejecting the listing? There is more stock available, but not much I would actually buy.
 
First establish what “service charges” covers and who controls the amount. If it is an ongoing building charge rather than something set by the seller, negotiating it may not change the future liability. A motivated seller could instead accept a lower purchase price or cover a defined initial amount. I would compare total outlay, not treat a service-charge concession as automatically equivalent to a price cut.
 
Is the -5.9% based on asking-price changes or recent completed sales? I would be cautious about reading much into it until that is clear. Delhi-wide comparisons can also hide sharp differences between neighbourhoods, and 118 days may be distorted by withdrawn and relisted stock. Condition is not the only source of noise.
 
Liam’s point matters more than the headline movement. Split the sample by tight neighbourhood boundaries, then note new listings, withdrawals and when each price cut occurred. For the flats you might pursue, ask for recent completed comparables and a clear breakdown of the service charge. Seller motivation and buyer financing may determine whether a clean price reduction is realistic. If the recurring charge still makes the flat unattractive after that, moving on is probably the stronger negotiation.
 
Back
Top