Delhi small multifamily: 4.3% movement, 92 days listed—what am I missing?

LuckyTimber

Property investor
If I treat a mixed sample as broad market weakness, I could draw the wrong conclusion about both price and seller flexibility. I am following Delhi small multifamily properties from ₹82,830,000 to ₹124,200,000; the snapshot suggests a 4.3% decline and about 92 days listed.

Vacant buildings appear to attract different negotiations from occupied ones, but condition, relisting and the seller’s reason for selling may explain more than vacancy alone. Broad neighbourhood labels may also be combining pockets that buyers do not regard as comparable.

Could anyone share a specific area and building type, noting whether the evidence comes from a completed deal or merely a revised asking price? Changes in genuinely new supply, withdrawals and the timing of reductions would also help test what the headline movement actually represents.
 
Vacancy may matter, but 92 days can be misleading if withdrawn and relisted properties restart the clock. I’d first separate occupied buildings, genuinely vacant buildings, and stock needing substantial work. Also, how tightly are you defining Delhi neighbourhood boundaries? Combining unlike pockets could create the condition-related spread you’re seeing.
 
I wouldn’t put vacancy first without knowing seller motivation and buyer financing. A vacant building can be easier to inspect and reposition, while an occupied one may offer immediate income; neither automatically deserves the larger discount. Compare recent completed sales with the volume of new and withdrawn listings, then note when price cuts occurred. A late cut after months of unrealistic pricing says something different from a discount agreed soon after listing.
 
Agreed on separating listing history from true exposure time. I’d build a small table by neighbourhood and condition: original ask, latest ask, days advertised, occupancy, price-cut date, and whether it sold or disappeared. That should show whether the 4.3% movement comes from completed deals, reductions on lingering stock, or a changing mix of listings.
 
Back
Top