The 170 m² size is workable for either option, so the choice is being driven by costs that may not appear in the initial comparison. I am looking at a Delhi warehouse and a similarly priced duplex.
The warehouse has fewer obvious day-to-day maintenance demands, but a long vacancy could leave me paying for security, insurance and upkeep without income. With the duplex, I need to understand whether exterior work and shared-building reserves are pooled or become irregular bills for the owner.
I have already allowed for service charges, energy use, insurance and eventual resale. What should I request next to compare tenant demand, vacancy exposure and the management time each property is likely to require after year one?
The warehouse has fewer obvious day-to-day maintenance demands, but a long vacancy could leave me paying for security, insurance and upkeep without income. With the duplex, I need to understand whether exterior work and shared-building reserves are pooled or become irregular bills for the owner.
I have already allowed for service charges, energy use, insurance and eventual resale. What should I request next to compare tenant demand, vacancy exposure and the management time each property is likely to require after year one?