Denver four-bedroom condos: is 73 days real leverage or an active-listing illusion?

selma.north

Homeowner
I’m looking at four-bedroom Denver condos between $748,000 and $1,122,000. The listings still online appear to be taking roughly 73 days to find a buyer, with several outliers that seem connected to transaction fees.

I’m trying to decide whether that points to genuine negotiating room now or whether I’m simply measuring stale inventory. Are recent completed sales telling the same story? Citywide averages don’t seem useful for the two neighbourhoods we like.
 
Active listings will naturally overrepresent homes that have not sold, so 73 days alone can make the market look slower than it is. Compare recent completed sales with their original asking prices, price-cut dates and time to contract. Also count new listings and withdrawals separately; otherwise disappearing stock can be mistaken for buyer demand.
 
That’s the weakness in my sample, Fatima: the 73 days comes from what remains online, not a matched set of completed deals. I also haven’t separated renovated units from those needing work. I’ll split the two neighbourhoods rather than rely on the advertised citywide category. Would you exclude withdrawn listings entirely, or keep them as evidence that sellers rejected the market?
 
Keep withdrawals, but don’t treat every one as a failed sale. Some may return with a different price or presentation, while others may reflect a seller who was never strongly motivated. I’d also challenge the assumption that fees explain the outliers by themselves. Condition, layout and the timing of the first reduction may be doing more of the work.
 
Financing could separate otherwise similar four-bedroom condos too. A buyer who likes the price may still face questions about the property or building that a cash buyer does not. For each completed sale, note whether it appears genuinely comparable in condition and ongoing costs. Then ask how long the seller waited before cutting the price; that often reveals motivation better than total days online.
 
I’d build two small neighbourhood tables rather than one Denver average. For every active, withdrawn and completed property in the range, record condition, initial and final asking price, first price-cut timing, days to contract where available, fees and whether it was later relisted. The useful comparison is not simply “73 days versus the city.” It is whether similar completed properties moved faster, and at what concession. If the completed set is too small, the honest conclusion may be that there isn’t enough evidence yet to treat 73 days as reliable leverage.
 
Back
Top