Do 104 days on market give Bengaluru townhouse buyers more leverage?

ravi.bloom

Homeowner
I’m considering townhouses in Bengaluru asking roughly ₹17,700,000–₹26,550,000. Listings in this band appear to be sitting for about 104 days, but the market feels split rather than broadly slow. Homes with a clear vacancy position seem to move differently.

Does that length of time now justify opening materially below asking, or could withdrawn and relisted stock be distorting the picture? I’d particularly value recent completed-sale examples where the final price differed from the visible asking history. Neighbourhood, condition, price-cut timing and whether financing affected the deal would also help.
 
I wouldn’t treat 104 days by itself as evidence that sellers will negotiate more. A stale listing may indicate an ambitious price, but it can also reflect condition, uncertain possession, a narrow neighbourhood boundary or a seller with no urgency. Withdrawals make the apparent inventory even harder to read.

Before choosing an offer level, ask how long it has been continuously available, when the last cut occurred, whether it is vacant, and why the seller is moving. Completed prices are more useful than asking histories, but only when the townhouse and micro-location are genuinely comparable.
 
Back
Top