Do 95 days on market give buyers more negotiating room around Manchester?

One of the country homes I saved around Manchester has now reached 95 days on the market, which makes me wonder whether the seller is genuinely open to a lower offer or the asking price is simply defensible for that particular property.

The homes I am watching range from roughly £661,400 to £992,200, but their condition and locations vary enough that the headline number may be misleading. I plan to compare recent completed sales with original asking prices, reduction dates and any withdrawn-and-relisted history. Would you treat a failed price cut as stronger evidence than 95 uninterrupted days? I am also trying to work out whether clear insurance information is helping some listings progress while unresolved issues hold others back.
 
Ninety-five days would make me test the seller, but it does not establish negotiating room by itself. Separate homes marketed continuously from those withdrawn and relisted, then note whether a price cut was recent or failed to attract interest. Also compare how many genuinely new alternatives have appeared nearby. A seller facing fresh competition may be more flexible than one with an unusual house and no close substitute.
 
I’d be careful with that entire price band because neighbourhood boundaries and condition could overwhelm the days-on-market figure. What does “clear answer on insurance” mean in these listings: an identified issue with a usable solution, or simply no obvious uncertainty? Buyer financing could also explain why apparently similar homes progress differently. Are your saved properties close enough in location, acreage and condition to be real substitutes?
 
I partly disagree that reaching 95 days necessarily earns a steep discount. It earns a conversation. Build a small table for each property: original ask, reduction dates, any withdrawal or relisting, condition, insurance position and nearby completed price when available. Then ask the agent about chain position and seller timing without assuming the answer. Base an offer on the property’s drawbacks and alternatives, not a standard percentage. Completed prices can also lag the negotiation, so compare dates carefully.
 
Back
Top