Does 11 days on market give buyers leverage on Phoenix condos?

friendly_kite

Seller
Established
Sellers may still see an 11-day listing as fresh, and that is what makes me hesitant to treat the timing as leverage. I am looking at Phoenix condos between $832,000 and $1,248,000, but the market does not appear equally competitive across every area.

Would you read 11 days differently where new listings are increasing or where a property sits close to a neighbourhood boundary? I have also noticed that fee information varies considerably between listings. I would be interested in closed examples showing the original price, later reductions, final price and any known seller motivation, rather than days on market alone.
 
Eleven days by itself is a weak negotiating signal. I’d compare the closing price with the last asking price, original asking price and any price cuts. A quick reduction followed by a sale tells a different story from a home that closes below an unchanged price. Also remember that the recorded price may not reveal every concession.
 
How tightly are you defining Phoenix? Even within the city, crossing a neighbourhood boundary can change the relevant buyer pool. Condition matters too: renovated, move-in-ready condos should not be grouped with units needing substantial work, even if their prices and days on market look similar.
 
Misreading clear fee information as a sign of seller strength could mean paying too much. Transparency can attract attention, but a high total ownership cost may still lead buyers to reduce their offers.

A condo with clear but heavy charges could therefore take less time to sell while achieving a weaker price than a similar unit with lower costs. I would compare matched properties within the same neighbourhood and condition bracket, then look at the fee burden, disclosure quality and seller circumstances separately from marketing time.
 
Look at the flow of stock, not just the active listings. If new-listing volume is being offset by withdrawals, the visible inventory can make demand appear stronger than it is. Relisted properties also deserve attention because their displayed days on market may not communicate the full marketing period.
 
For an actual offer, separate price from terms. Ask when the seller wants to close, whether timing matters, and whether there have been previous offers. A seller at day 11 may reject a broad discount but accept a smaller reduction paired with straightforward financing and a workable timeline. Seller motivation is likely more informative than the market-wide average.
 
Buyer financing can distort these comparisons. A lower accepted price may reflect appraisal concerns, financing risk or a trade-off elsewhere in the deal, while a stronger price may have come with concessions. Completed sales are still useful, but I would avoid treating the price gap as pure negotiating success without more context.
 
Before I put an expiry time on any offer, I need to decide whether the seller’s circumstances justify testing the price or favour cleaner terms. Eleven days alone does not answer that.

I’ll verify the listing history for each shortlisted condo, including the original ask, reductions, withdrawals and relistings. Then I’ll limit the comparison to similar condition, fee structure and neighbourhood, and ask about the seller’s preferred closing date and any previous offers. That should give me something more concrete than the market-wide average.
 
Price-cut timing should make that comparison more useful. A cut during the first 11 days may indicate the initial price was testing the market; no cut after several weeks could mean either confidence or low motivation. I’d group sales by when the first reduction occurred instead of averaging every listing together.
 
One final caution: don’t assume the listing with the longest history offers the best deal. A motivated seller with a fresh listing can be more flexible than an older listing whose owner has no urgency. Once you have a short list, compare total cost, condition and seller timing before deciding how aggressively to negotiate.
 
Back
Top