Does 63 days on market create negotiating room for a 4-bedroom in Osaka?

sam_ridge

Homeowner
The property remains offered after 63 days, yet I hesitate to treat that alone as evidence that the seller will move. Osaka four-bedroom listings between ¥148,700,000 and ¥223,100,000 seem to behave very differently depending on condition and the quality of the maintenance information.

Before focusing on an offer discount, I want to compare completed sales in the immediate area and trace when similar listings reduced their prices, disappeared or returned to market. Has anyone found a useful gap between the public price history and the eventual sale figure? It would also help to know whether maintenance uncertainty concerned the unit itself or the wider building.
 
Sixty-three days is enough to justify a conversation, but not enough by itself to assume the seller will discount. I’d separate genuinely active listings from withdrawn and relisted ones, then compare only completed sales in the same immediate area and similar condition. Public asking histories can show seller behaviour, but they don’t necessarily reveal the final negotiation.
 
Where does the particular property sit within that price range, and how tightly are you defining the neighbourhood? Crossing even a practical neighbourhood boundary may change the comparison set. I’d also want to know whether the maintenance uncertainty concerns the individual unit or the wider building, because buyers may price those risks differently.
 
I’m less convinced that 63 days means much in this bracket, especially for a four-bedroom. A small number of unusual listings can make the market look slower than it is. Condition and seller motivation are stronger clues: repeated price cuts suggest one thing, while an unchanged price and no urgency suggest another.
 
Build a simple comparison sheet: original ask, latest ask, days listed, whether it disappeared and returned, condition, maintenance clarity, and completed price where available. Keep the neighbourhood boundary narrow at first. That should expose whether buyers are actually negotiating or whether weaker properties are merely sitting while good ones complete near their asks.
 
New-listing volume matters too. If several comparable four-bedroom properties have appeared recently, a buyer may gain choice without sellers broadly accepting lower prices. Conversely, low new supply can leave an older listing with little direct competition. I would examine what was listed during those 63 days, not just the age of the one property.
 
That is why I asked where it falls in the range. At ¥148,700,000, an unresolved maintenance item may be reflected already; near ¥223,100,000, buyers may expect fewer unanswered questions. Financing could also affect the strength of an offer, so two bids at the same headline price may not look equivalent to the seller.
 
I’d make the offer evidence-led rather than applying a standard percentage because the listing reached day 63. Use the closest completed sales you can obtain, subtract only for identifiable condition or maintenance issues, and note any competing stock or prior price cuts. Also ask why the seller is moving and whether timing matters to them. If completed-sale evidence is thin, keep a wider margin for uncertainty instead of treating public asking prices as confirmed values.
 
Back
Top