A new wrinkle has come up with our offer on a Singapore duplex: the seller says that raising questions after inspection is inconsistent with our as-is price. The offer still has an inspection clause, which is why I am unsure where the boundary lies.
We are not expecting routine defects to be repaired. The concern is a major energy-performance issue—for example, a finding that would make running costs materially different from what we assumed. In that situation we would want either enough information to proceed confidently or the ability to withdraw under the clause.
Is the sensible sequence to document the issue, ask whether the seller will discuss it, and then make a separate proceed-or-withdraw decision before the deadline? I am particularly concerned about sending the wrong kind of notice and exposing the deposit.
We are not expecting routine defects to be repaired. The concern is a major energy-performance issue—for example, a finding that would make running costs materially different from what we assumed. In that situation we would want either enough information to proceed confidently or the ability to withdraw under the clause.
Is the sensible sequence to document the issue, ask whether the seller will discuss it, and then make a separate proceed-or-withdraw decision before the deadline? I am particularly concerned about sending the wrong kind of notice and exposing the deposit.