Dubai condo: start high or launch near the likely sale price?

plantsAndCairn

First-time buyer
Established
Two agents have given me quite different valuations for a Dubai condo. The higher proposal is obviously tempting, but I’m seeing similar listings start ambitiously, sit for roughly 10 days, then cut.

Would pricing high protect the final result, or risk wasting the strongest early interest? I’m more interested in completed outcomes than promises in a pitch, especially from anyone who has dealt with a comparable condo.
 
I’d ask each agent for recent completed sales, not current asking prices, and make sure the comparisons are within genuinely comparable neighbourhood boundaries. Also compare condition and financing appeal. If the higher valuation cannot be tied to completed deals, I’d launch closer to the defensible sale range rather than plan for a cut.
 
How similar are the listings you watched? Same building or just the wider area, and comparable condition? Also, were the reduced ones eventually sold, withdrawn, or simply relisted? A cut after 10 days tells you the original expectation changed, but not whether the strategy harmed the completed price.
 
I wouldn’t treat 10 days as proof that a listing was overpriced. New-listing volume and seller motivation matter: one owner may need a quick agreement while another can wait. Starting somewhat higher can leave negotiating room, provided the figure still looks credible. The real danger is choosing a price purely because it was the most flattering proposal.
 
Give both agents the same task: identify the closest completed sales, explain every adjustment for condition and location, and state when they would recommend a reduction if buyer response is weak. Ask what evidence would trigger that decision rather than agreeing to an automatic timetable. Then choose the price supported by the clearer reasoning, not necessarily the highest or lowest number.
 
Back
Top