I keep going back and forth between buying the AED 1,376,000 place and choosing something cheaper simply to preserve more cash. The first option gets me the 5-bed country home I want; the second would make the first year less exposed to surprises.
On my present estimates, I would have about AED 139,500 after the deposit and purchase costs. That sounds comfortable until I add the move, possible inspection work, the mortgage-payment date, community charges if relevant, and the amount I would have to cover before insurance pays a claim. A five-bedroom home could also consume a lot in furniture, although most rooms need not be finished immediately.
Is the flaw here treating the remaining balance as spendable at all? I’m looking for a practical threshold that would tell me to proceed or reduce my budget, rather than reassurance that first-time buyers are usually nervous.
On my present estimates, I would have about AED 139,500 after the deposit and purchase costs. That sounds comfortable until I add the move, possible inspection work, the mortgage-payment date, community charges if relevant, and the amount I would have to cover before insurance pays a claim. A five-bedroom home could also consume a lot in furniture, although most rooms need not be finished immediately.
Is the flaw here treating the remaining balance as spendable at all? I’m looking for a practical threshold that would tell me to proceed or reduce my budget, rather than reassurance that first-time buyers are usually nervous.