green_garden
Property investor
I would prefer payment certainty for a meaningful period, but I do not want the ten-year fix to distract me from the cost of leaving early. The quote is 4.02% for a Dubai purchase of about AED 2,734,000. Once fees and the applicable loan-to-value band were included, it no longer resembled the lower headline rate.
What is the most useful basis for comparing UAE offers: APR, interest during the fixed term, or all payments and fees over the years I am likely to keep the loan? I also need the monthly amount to remain comfortable. Portability, early-repayment costs and the terms after the fixed period matter because refinancing later may not be available on favourable terms.
What is the most useful basis for comparing UAE offers: APR, interest during the fixed term, or all payments and fees over the years I am likely to keep the loan? I also need the monthly amount to remain comfortable. Portability, early-repayment costs and the terms after the fixed period matter because refinancing later may not be available on favourable terms.