green_garden
Property investor
A surprisingly common source of delay in Dubai transactions is not finance itself, but confusion over who is responsible for producing the next document. Seeing that made me pay much more attention to ownership of each step rather than just the headline timetable.
I work around the local property market and thought it would be useful to have a practical question thread covering pricing evidence, negotiating limits, insurance, finance timing and coordination between the parties. Please include the property type and jurisdiction when asking, as the answer can change with both.
I will be clear about what comes from personal observation and what belongs within a regulated professional’s remit. Anyone contributing who has a commercial interest in the outcome should disclose it. It would also help to keep borrowing capacity separate from valuation: being able to finance a price does not make it the right negotiating limit.
I work around the local property market and thought it would be useful to have a practical question thread covering pricing evidence, negotiating limits, insurance, finance timing and coordination between the parties. Please include the property type and jurisdiction when asking, as the answer can change with both.
I will be clear about what comes from personal observation and what belongs within a regulated professional’s remit. Anyone contributing who has a commercial interest in the outcome should disclose it. It would also help to keep borrowing capacity separate from valuation: being able to finance a price does not make it the right negotiating limit.