Dublin coastal listings: is 28 days meaningful or a live-stock illusion?

NimblePlan

First-time buyer
Established
I’ve been tracking Dublin coastal property this month in the €1,045,000–€1,568,000 range. The current sample suggests roughly 28 days to find a buyer, with most slower outliers appearing to be vacant homes.

Are recent completed sales likely to confirm that pace, or am I overweighting listings that remain visible while quicker ones disappear? New-listing volume has increased, but the number I would seriously consider buying has not.
 
Completed deals will answer a slightly different question because they reflect properties that found buyers earlier. Your live sample also has a visibility problem: the slow stock stays in view while quick sales leave it. I’d follow each new-listing cohort from first appearance and record whether it becomes sale agreed, is withdrawn, or remains available.
 
The 28-day pace sounds encouraging, but condition could be skewing it. Are the neighbourhood limits narrow enough to compare similar coastal pockets, and have turnkey homes been separated from those needing major work? A few well-finished properties selling quickly in this price range could pull the figure down. I’d want the same split for recent completed sales before deciding whether the faster pace applies to the homes you would actually buy.
 
I’m not convinced vacancy itself explains the outliers. It may simply be visible evidence of another issue: poor condition, unrealistic pricing, or a seller with no urgency. Price-cut timing would be more revealing. A vacant home reduced after two weeks is a different proposition from one sitting unchanged because the seller can wait.
 
Also define “find a buyer.” Sale agreed after 28 days is not the same as a completed transaction, especially where buyer financing or a chain delays matters. Completed sales may eventually support your pricing view without matching the advertised timeline. I’d avoid treating completion dates as a direct test of this month’s marketing period.
 
A simple way to reconcile the points above is to log first-listing date, original and current asking price, first status change, withdrawal, apparent condition and a narrow subarea. Then compare completed prices only with the older cohort they came from, not today’s stock. That should show whether supply has genuinely improved or whether the extra volume is mostly compromised or over-optimistic property.
 
Back
Top