Dublin mixed-use market: is supply driving the spread?

writeTheView

Buyer
Established
Bidding now may secure the right building, but waiting could produce cleaner evidence on price. I’m weighing those approaches for Dublin mixed-use properties currently advertised from €655,000 to €982,600.

The group I reviewed averages about 102 days on the market and shows a 1.2% decline. Condition clearly affects negotiations, yet I suspect the amount of competing stock within each neighbourhood matters more than broad Dublin demand. That reading could be wrong if withdrawn and relisted buildings are inflating the marketing period.

Has anyone compared this with recent completed sales? I’d especially like to know the exact neighbourhood boundaries, whether the buildings were vacant or occupied, and any evidence of seller motivation such as earlier reductions or withdrawals.
 
That is plausible, but 102 days can mislead if withdrawn and relisted properties are treated as fresh stock. For mixed-use, I’d also separate vacant buildings from those with occupiers because the buyer pool and financing may differ. Which Dublin neighbourhood boundaries are you using, and is the 1.2% movement based on asking-price changes or completed sales?
 
I wouldn’t combine all Dublin mixed-use stock into one reading. Even neighbouring areas can have different commercial uses, building condition and residential appeal. Before deciding to wait, compare recent completed sales with current new-listing volume in the exact neighbourhood. Otherwise a few expensive or slow listings could distort both the €655,000–€982,600 range and the 102-day figure.
 
I’m less convinced that supply is necessarily the main cause. Seller motivation and buyer financing could create the same pattern, especially where condition affects whether a building is straightforward to fund. Price-cut timing matters too: a property sitting unchanged for 90 days is different from one cut early and then agreed soon afterwards.
 
A practical way forward would be a small property-by-property table: neighbourhood, residential/commercial mix, condition, first listing date, price-cut date, withdrawal or relisting, and eventual agreed price where known. Keep withdrawn stock visible rather than deleting it. That should show whether the long marketing period comes from genuine excess supply or simply a handful of awkward buildings.
 
Those are fair challenges. I’ve been treating the 102 days and 1.2% movement as broad indicators, when they are not enough to support a bid decision on their own. I’ll split the sample by neighbourhood, condition and occupancy, then separate completed sales, active listings and withdrawals. I’ll also hold off attributing the spread mainly to supply until financing and seller motivation are accounted for.
 
Back
Top